Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fall Celebration: Apple Orchard


We went to the Fall Celebration at an apple orchard yesterday. This was a lot of fun! We took a wagon ride up to the orchard and then went through a corn maze. We gave the girls an ear of dried out corn, and they kept trying to eat it. We then walked around and picked and tasted lots of different kinds of apples. My favorite was the Honeycrisp, and Bryce's was the Chestnut. We ate a few grapes off of the vine, which was Cady's favorite part. We also saw a little petting zoo thing with bunnies, lamas, and sheep. We then went to the store and got the girls some caramel apples. This really was a fun evening out. I never knew how many different types of apples there were! I love fall.

5 comments:

Annie Sunshine said...

Looks like you are embracing the midwest with enthusiasm. Your pics bring back so many fun memories, (and make me a bit homesick). Keep them coming.

Your girls are so cute!

Natalie said...

your girls are darling. there is something about fall that is so fun. i think it's the start of a season of festive holidays...or maybe it's the fact that arizona is finally starting to cool & we've survived another summer of 110+ degrees...either way it looks like you had a blast in the apple orchard.

Alicia said...

Your girls are so cute!! Looks like so much fun. Fall is my favorite time of year. Mmmm, caramel apples.

Shelley said...

Hi guys! It's Jake & Shelley Koch! So fun to have found you! Congrats on getting your residency! We know how hard that is. Jake want's to do ortho, but he still has two more years of dental left. We'll see.

We love the fall and apple/pumpkin picking as well.

Your girls are adorable!

Shelise said...

Jean, I am so glad you post. It helps me keep up to date on you all. I love that you always have the neatest things going. I would love to pick apples at an orchard, but I probably never would even if I lived there. You're awesome. Will you do me a favor? Tell Bryce I say hi and that I love him and miss him. I miss you and the girls too, but lately I miss my big brother. Talk to ya soon