Saturday, December 1, 2007

Snow day!

What fun! Today we got about 6 inches of snow as well as freezing rain. It snowed a good part of the day. It was funny, we got all bundled up at 7:30 am because the girls simply could not wait to go play in the snow. I carried the girls down our back stairs and went to get the snow shovel to start working on our driveway. I hadn't been working longer than 2 minutes and cleared more than 4 feet of our driveway (which is at least 30 feet long) before I heard Cady crying. I looked over at her and she hadn't moved from where I set her down. She was all done with the cold snow and ready to go back inside! Needless to say, Bryce ended up shoveling the driveway all by himself. Even though it was very cold (and windy) outside, the snow was really exciting. Claire went outside 4 different times, she couldn't get enough! This afternoon we had hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls and listened to the Carpenter's Christmas Album while we watched the snow. Life is good. :)

Ready for snow!


My short effort at shoveling our driveway.
What a man! Bryce hard at work.
Having fun in the backyard.
Claire looking out our front window, watching the snow.

Claire playing with the umbrella outside. :) Don't know where she got the idea, but she was having fun with it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids are so cute but I have to say I'm glad I'm not there. I will worry now because the snow and ice scare me. You guys be careful.

Elizabeth said...

Your girls are so cute all bundled up. I want to see a picture of you all bundled up too :-). Nothing like winter clothes. I also love that picture of Cady (first one in next post of her on her birthday). Super cute. I love candid shots of children. (hmmm...maybe that is because my own children refuse to turn and smile for the camera and so I am forced to love what I can get).

Annie Sunshine said...

I love that you are embracing the snow. Your girls are so cute! I really miss it, so I hope you learn to love it...at least enjoy it while you are there.

Part of my personality is that I can't stop giving out free advice (but luckily I don't care whether anyone ever takes it or not), so here's somehere's some advice...save up your pennies and buy a snowblower, even if it is a used one. You are going to need one! The snow just starts coming more often and more of it. We only had a SHORT sidewalk to shovel, and it took a lot of time at least once a week and frequently more. Almost everyone we knew in Wisconsin who had their own home owned a snowblower. They really are almost essential, unless you have the man (or women) power and time to do the shoveling.

Until you can afford one we will hope Bryce enjoys the free workout he gets...no gym fees and great biceps!!!

Taralee said...

I agree with Annie! It seems like a snow blower would be a MUST...but I have not clue how expensive they are either :)

I just have to tell you that I LOVE these pictures. As much as I hate the snow and couldn't live in it, I LOVE the thought and looks of it. It honestly just made me TOTALLY happy inside to see the beautiful white ALL AROUND. The girls are so cute and it looks like they were nice and bundled having some fun:)

Natalie said...

Looks like Winter is in full swing for your family - I love that picture of your Cady's silouette in front of the window. Have fun & build a snowman in behalf of us non snow folk here in AZ.