Tuesday, March 11, 2008

There's no room!


This is what Cady says every morning when we are all squished into my queen sized bed. Yes, all of us, including their blankies and bears too! Can you imagine how tightly packed we are when Bryce and I are in there too? We keep cycling through this terrible habit of letting the girls come into our bed at night. Normally Cady will come in around 3 am, and she fits fine in our bed. Then, Claire will occassionally wander into our room after that, and how can I tell her no when Cady is already in there? Rather than put Cady back in her bed and have her start crying and throwing a fit, I just scoot over more and let Claire climb on in. This is definitly not a recipe for a good night's sleep! And yet, they love our bed so much. Look at how blissfully content they are. :) What I need is a couple of nights in a row of really crummy sleep, and then I'll toughen up and tell them to sleep in their own bed.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is the sweetest picture ever. I love the hint of their silky pink blankets and the purple of your coverlet and their long blonde hair and the bed frame is reminiscent of a butterfly. They look like two adorable sleeping fairies.

Hallenbergers said...

LOL Know how that is...The other night we had all 5 of us in OUR bed...good thing that was a once and a life time thing...phew ;)