Thursday, August 28, 2008

A slice of our life

<
Here is Cady doing almost what she does best. Normally she is sitting up reading to herself while creating chaos with our bookshelf. She loves books and reads them whenever she has the opportunity to do so. :) Don't know where she gets that from.


Claire's big kick now is building farms out of blocks and then arranging all of our counting animals in it. This has been a multiple-time-a day activity for us lately. Good thing I enjoy it too.



Sunday sing-a-longs. We've started inviting friends over to our house just about every Sunday to sing songs while Bryce plays. We recently bought the complete Disney Songbook, which has proved to be a great investment! Now no one can claim they don't know the song in order to escape singing. :)

a href="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_46-rZOaKkW0/SLdclj9lO1I/AAAAAAAAAfk/CMZQrfYVBls/s1600-h/IMG_0966.JPG">

This is my masterful creation that I took to Enrichment. If you are thinking that you'd be embarrassed to bring this out in public, you are absolutely right!!! Lets just say that I improvised and made a 2 layer 8 inch round cake into a 4 layer stacked cake, which happened to be assembled lopsided, and then had glumpy thick whipped cream frosting so you couldn't even tell it was cute different sized layers, and to top the whole disaster off, I didn't even get the cherries on top centered correctly!! :D Yes, it was an embarrassing entrance that I made with my cake in front of our wards entire Relief Society. Jean the amazing cook strikes again!


Me and my Beehives group. These girls are adorable! I'm so impressed with them, they are a joy to work with.


This is a new picture that I've added to our home. I love it! I get a little thrill every time I see it, probably because I bought it half off at a thrift store. It's an original oil painting and it reminds me of beautiful North Carolina. I put it in my bathroom over the toilet. Unfortunate place to put such a pretty piece, but it fit perfectly there and it makes me smile every time I go in there now. What a bargain!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many cute pictures. Did Cady read herself to sleep? It looks like she fell asleep in the middle of her books. This is a classic Claire picture the way she organizes and arranges things. It looks like you are carrying on the Leavitt tradition of Sunday sing-alongs. I wish I could be there to kick Bryce off the piano.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I actually think the cake is cute. If you hadn't told me about the disaster I wouldn't have noticed.

Taralee said...

Cute cute to all the pictures :) I'm glad to have you back on the map!! I'm with my mom, I thought the cake was really cute and then when you started describing everything I was like "oh, this is a mess up?" I wouldn't have known! Fun post though!

familyof4 said...

I was just going to say the same thing as Rhonda about the cake! I actually thought it looked great!

Bryce said...

It may have looked a little funny...but that cake was delicious and was the hit of the RS night.

Liz Wilcken said...

I do like your decorations :)

Steve, Kristine, Cole, Kade said...

It looks like the Leavitt family is doing good. I like the new painting and you are right... it goes great above the toilet. Fun to see that you have made new friends and that you are having Sunday get togethers - great tradition.

PerryParty3 said...

Jean and Bryce! Hey! I just found your blog through the Carey's. Your girls are beautiful! It's been fun to read about what you've been up to since you left us, oh, so many years ago! Guess who lives by us now? Rebecca and Dave Jakeman! I love running into old friends!

Nina said...

Fun post, Jean! You are so funny...that cake was amazing and you know it. We all gasped in AWE not HORROR...:). That Sunday was way fun...we've got to get together and check out the video sometime! Adios for now!

Natalie said...

Hey that cake looks pretty scrumptious to me! I'm sure many of the sisters enjoyed it! Bryce is really talented...I'm practicing the piano every night - I'm definitely a beginner, but I hope with time & lots of practice I can improve.

Elizabeth said...

I think the cake looks really good actually! I love the way the frosting peaks and waves, it looks so perfect. I also love the oil painting you found and am very jealous of your shopping prowess. The pictures of the girls during their daily life were wonderful to see.