Monday, April 27, 2009

It's finished!

Hi guys! I may have told some of you that I was working on a new project, a flower girl dress for Claire. My cousin is getting married this summer and she asked Claire to be her flower girl. Claire is beside herself with excitement over having such an important job in the wedding. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to sew a beautiful fancy dress for my girl! :D Well, after hours of labor (and many more hours of procrastinating sewing the zipper on) I can now say that it is done. :) I've posted pictures for you to enjoy. (Can you tell that I'm pleased with myself?) This is the first formal dress I've sewn. It was actually really enjoyable to make. Now I'm going to start making one for Cady to wear. (Not a flower girl dress, but a nice dress in the blue fabric that Claire's sash was made in).




8 comments:

Taralee said...

SOOOOO CUTE!! Good job Jean! I'm always very impressed and jealous (jk) that I don't know how to sew :) You're awesome!

Hallenbergers said...

I am soooo impressed! NICE!!

Liz Wilcken said...

So cute, Jeanie!

Julie said...

i think i saw remnants of that dress in the basement the last time we babysat! how precious. now, keeping it white may be an issue... :)

Annie Sunshine said...

you are so talented! good job.

Anonymous said...

So cute! You're really good Jean.

Elizabeth said...

So, so, so, so awesome!

McAllister Family said...

What a gorgeous dress and such a pretty little girl! You are so talented Jean!