Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pumpkins

I just wanted to share one of my favorite things about fall...Pumpkins!! There is nothing I love better than to look at them, carve them, and cook them! There's nothing quite like that freshly cut pumpkin smell. A while ago, I started trying to be really industrious and now everytime we carve the pumpkin, I save the seeds and bake them, and make pumpkin pie with the innards. It's a lot of fun to do and especially to eat, even though I haven't quite mastered not burning my seeds, and getting all of the strings out of the pulp for the pie. Minor details, right? :D I would say poor Bryce, but the guy is used to eating food that would be "almost" perfect except for....you name the ailment. :) I'm sure it's happened! At any rate, I got the recipes for homemade pumpkin pie and baked pumpkin seeds off of www.allrecipes.com. If you're looking for any, check them out. Have a wonderful fall day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know all of your fall fun is starting to get to me, considering we don't really have a fall here. I guess I can just live it through you.

Ray and Mickie said...

thanks for the web address for recipes. I think I am going to try to make pumkin pie from my kids' pumpkins once halloween is over. I love reading your blog, and have enjoyed getting to know you and your kids through it. Love ya, oh and HI BRYCE...