Friday, November 2, 2007

Claire's Birthday Party!

We FINALLY had Claire's birthday party on Tuesday. We had to reschedule from the original date because the girls both got sick, and so we set it up on Tuesday night from 6:30 to 8:00 pm in hopes that Bryce would be home for it. Sadly, he pulled up right as the last kid was leaving. It stunk that he didn't made it, but I took lots of pictures so he could see what he missed. We had a lot of fun, a few days before, Claire and Cady helped me make a dragon pinata out of balloon and newspaper, and I made a castle cake too. I tried to take Annie up on her offer of cake tips, but I guess I didn't send my plea for help to the right address. :) As you can see, the cake had potential, but I didn't realize until I was in the thick of frosting it that I have absolutely NO IDEA how to frost a cake!!! Good thing no one really cared. :) So, the theme was a "Royal Ball." We had 9 kids come, two boys and 7 girls. Before I get started listing the agenda, yes, I got carried away and went overboard, but it was a ton of fun!

*First, we decorated little plates I glued together into candy holders.
*Then, I told the story of princess and the pea and they did the royal test where they sat on different pillows to find which one had the baseball hidden under it. They each got a royal ring pop after they passed the test.
*We next went downstairs and I told the story of the Frog Prince who needed to be kissed to be turned back into a human prince, and we did pin the kiss on the frog (a little poster picture that I made).
*We then had a royal ball and danced to Snow white and the 7 dwarves Hi-Ho song and some other catchy Disney tunes. I bought shiny fabric and cut it into streamers for them to twirl around and dance with.
*We then had cake and opened presents.
*Lastly, we slayed the dragon pinata and put the candy in their containers they decorated

It was a busy party, but a ton of fun. Well, here are some of my favorite pictures from the night:











6 comments:

Annie Sunshine said...

Sorry I didn't answer you, I never got your message. Just so you have it for later, my email is cougarfam@sbcglobal.net

I thought it was cute and creative anyway. I totally loved the dragon pinata. I've only tried doing one once and it was such a pain and turned out so bad I vowed never to do another one, so I may try to get tips from you if I try that again.

Taralee said...

Wow girl, you went all out!!! Lucky little Claire :) I love the pictures and your cake is cute. Maybe not perfect, but I hear cake decorating isn't the easiest thing (especially if you have no clue...which I don't). And I'm excited for you guys to come down too!! The girls are going to have a blast.

Shelise said...

cute cute. looks fun. Im sure your cake turned out better than mine would have. You did go all out. I hope I have the energy for that kind of stuff when my kids get older. A lot of kids around is hard for me. Anyway, You did a great job at putting on what seemed to be a fun party.

Anonymous said...

So cute. Where do you come up with your ideas? Claire looks so pretty in the picture with the crown. She looks like a real princess.

Terra said...

Wow- Super Mom!! I am very impressed. You did it all by yourself? I hope you had a little help from some of the other Moms during the party. I think you did a wonderful job on your cake and pinata. It looks like the kids had a great time at the party.

Elizabeth said...

I think your cake is adorable! Did you have a pattern? Your pinata is precious too. I love the colors. I love making pinatas. Especially because the paper mache is so easy and fun for the kids to do and they love being able to get all goopy. Your frog prince is just the cutest thing ever too. Can I just say that was really gutsy of you to hold that pinata on such a short stick with all those 3 yr olds swinging at you. Now that is super woman. Great Job!