Sunday, October 14, 2007

What a wonderful week!

We had an absolutely wonderful week. Bryce's parents and grandparents came up and spent 6 days with us, and then Tara (his sister) came up and visited us for 3 days. We started out opening up Claire's birthday presents. As you can see, lots of fun. We then went and saw the mayo clinic, visited cute shops, Harmony MN to see the Amish, went to the apple orchard, Mall of America, Ikea down in Minneapolis, and hung out around the house. It is so nice to be with family, and I love seeing the girls with their grandparents (and great grandparents and aunt). :) It's music to my ears to hear Cady and Claire say, "Grandpa" and "Grandma." We are really looking forward to the day when we can hear this on a regular basis with both sets of grandparents! This was all a great experience and I loved every minute of it. Some of the most outstanding moments to me were of Cady saying, "again!!" to grandpa Duke to get him to flash his dentures at her, the trip to Harmony, and when Tara and I got a babysitter and went out on the town (in particular the used children's store where we stocked up on great Disney Princess books!):D Yes, that's where I go when I'm out on the town.

2 comments:

Annie Sunshine said...

Sounds like so much fun. I've told you before I get a bit of homesickness when I look at your outdoor pictures, but I love them so keep them coming. I loved the pictures of the Amish market. Looks like everyone had a good time and a good taste of Minnesota. It's always nice to have family come visit when they live so far away.

Shelise said...

Sounds like it was fun. We wish we could have been part of the fun. Hopefully in the spring or fall next year.