Monday, April 7, 2008

Claire's new pajamas!




So, after having it sit in the top of my closet for 3 years, I finally whipped out my sewing machine and tried to make something for Claire. I took sewing lessons when I was younger and again my senior year of high school, but it has never come naturally to me. I don't think I have ever even sewn for 5 minutes straight without having to get out my trusty old seam ripper and make some corrections. :) I chose a simplicity pattern for pajamas and Claire chose out some Strawberry shortcake fabric. After two straight days of sewing and the sewing machine needle going through my nail only once, it was finished! The needle did actually go through my nail, it hurt like crazy! (I had some help on that mishap, Claire decided to hand turn the needle on the side while I was attempting to fix the bobbin thread.) At any rate, here's the finished product. :) I feel a burst of pride everytime I see her wearing it...which so far, is 4 nights in a row! I think I may give this sewing thing another try in a few weeks for Cady---but I'll do it when the girls aren't around to "help!"

10 comments:

Amber said...

GOOD JOB JEAN! I have sewed many a blanket, quilt, bib, apron, curtain, duvet cover, etc....but never any clothes. Unless you count the countless alternations I have had to make because I am so short. You have inspired me to try it...someday.

Elizabeth said...

Wow--that does not look like an easy pattern. The sleeves especially look complicated. It turned out fantastic. I of course love the material--it is the same material I used for Gigi's quilt. I am super impressed.

Steve, Kristine, Cole, Kade said...

Great job! I don't even know how to sew on a button. It looks like you guys had a great time on Spring Break. I hope all is going good for your family.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nelsonjeneen said...

Congrats on the pjs!!!!! I love the fabric byethe way. I still can't believe your finger got underneath the needle with her turning it. It makes me laugh but I know how much it hurts especially if your daughter is doing something to the machine.
Jill

Anonymous said...

So cute. You're so good. Did Claire get her hair cut? It looks shoulder length in the pictures.

Natalie said...

Awesome job! I bet you are so proud!!! It's too bad they are PJ's...it would be fun to have her wear it out in public so you can show off your work!

Unknown said...

You did a great job! I wish I could sew like that!

Taralee said...

NICE WORK!!! It looks like it took some effort, so I'm impressed :) And I totally know that pride because I made some PJ pants and every time Brinley wears them I think...I MADE those!!! Can you tell I don't sew often if I get all excited about some stinkin' pants.

Hallenbergers said...

Great job!!! They look really good.