Sunday, May 11, 2008

My dad's visit!






We were so thrilled to have my dad come up and visit last week. My parents had a goal of giving each of their kids/grand kids a swing set. My dad decided last Sunday to drive up to see us on Monday and build us a swing set. Dad arrived on Tuesday night, worked all day Wednesday on the swing set, and worked all day Thursday building me a garden box and filling it up for me. Dad left early Friday morning, much too soon for me, :) but just in time because he escaped having to help Bryce build his garage shelves. The girls loved having him to play with and read books to them, and it was wonderful having family here again! We've used the swing set a good 1/3 of every day since it was put up. What a great gift, thanks dad!

6 comments:

Annie Sunshine said...

That is so awesome! I love handy dads. So now we need a picture of the finished project.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad you were able to spend time with your dad, I'm just sad your mom wasn't able to come up. We love our swing set too. What wonderfully generous parents you have.

Natalie said...

That is so sweet for your dad to come and visit. I bet the kids are getting good use out of the swing set. Cory wants to build one for Lil'. Does your family live very far away?

We are... said...

Oh, that is so fun! I am glad you could get a swing set for them! And, I love the garden idea! We are HOPEFULLY--keep our fingers crossed--going to get some of our garden done on Monday for FHE...it kinda depends on the weather as well as how long it takes to weed the little box we have our apartment. Anyway, how exciting for you! Your girls are getting so grown up!

Terra said...

What a great thing for Grandparents to make sure all their Grandkids have a swing set. How nice. They did a great job! It looks like he taught Bryce a thing or two. Good bonding time for them. What a fun visit.

Liz Wilcken said...

oh my heck! rose has that same nightgown (the blue one with sheep). Gotta love it since we don't have AC.