Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I've been tagged!!

Okay, my friend Amber tagged me and I thought this was a really fun idea. I am supposed to take 10 pictures immediately after being tagged and post them. These are random pictures, but it gives you a good idea of what is going on right now. I am now tagging Shelise and Johanna.



This is a picture of our beautiful new house, complete with recycling bin and scraggly trees. :) We planted the two trees in the front of our yard last fall. One made it, but the other is struggling. What do you think? Will the one on the left survive or should we plant a new one?




This is Bryce's pride and joy, his garage! He built the workbench and the shelves along the wall. It really turned out nice. Crazy how much junk we have, isn't it? The sad thing is, I've already been through it twice trying to weed down our belongings and couldn't bear to part with anymore of it. I think I've got a bit of the pack-rat in me.



This is a picture of the tree in our backyard that I spend a good part of my day running circles around. Swiper loves to grab the girls stuffed animals and run out of the sliding door down to this tree. Naturally, I follow him out in hot pursuit and then together we do laps around and around this tree. My strategy is to keep him running long enough to tire him out, it's the only way I can catch him!



My growing garden. I've got corn growing in the big square bed and tomatoes and bean plants and cucumbers growing in the background. They are all rather small right now, but it's exciting!



This is our upstairs hallway right now. The girls just got through building a "train." The train is composed of books that are laid out in a long line down our hallway and then the girls place all of their stuffed animals and baby dolls on the books. I actually started cleaning this up and had already put up the books by the time I realized it would be a cute picture. As is, you can still see the animals that used to be riding on the train.



I got this crazy idea last week to make matching dresses for the girls. I'm almost 3/4 done with Claire's dress. I've just been putting off doing the zipper, those things really intimidate me! I'm thinking in about two more weeks I'll be able to post pictures of them wearing their matching dresses! Oh, and I've also decided that sewing clothes is definitely a hobby and something to do because you enjoy it (rather than to save money). Did I mention this is the first and last time I'm doing this? :)



This is a picture of another project I've got going, my scrapbook! I have over 600 pictures from our 4 years in Oregon that I'm now trying to scrapbook. I've got all of the pictures stuck on the right pages, now I'm just trying to label them all. This Oregon scrapbook is 110 pages. I'm suffering a bit of burn out, it's taking me forever to finish it!



This is sweet Claire in her little kitchen. She is huge into organizing things right now. :) Just a chip off of the old blocks, she's got a healthy dose of compulsive cleaning and neatness from both of us! You can see in the picture that she has neatly stacked all of the plates, food, and hung the little teacups up throughout her kitchen.



Cady and me. We posed for an impromptu picture just for this. In retrospect, this would've been a good day for me to do makeup and hair. :) Cady's still wearing her tootsie roll pop on the sides of her mouth (yes, my kids love me and are bribed well to do so!).

7 comments:

Taralee said...

That's such a cute post! The part about Claire being so organized is EXACTLY like Halle has been the last few months. She's SO particular and she organizes her room all the time. Everyday when Brinley's at school Halle is upstairs cleaning or stacking or placing stuff perfectly on her table. The table even gets a "table cloth" (a blanket or taowel draped over it). It's so cute! That's so funny they're both doing similar things.

Liz Wilcken said...

very cute. now you can come decorate my place because I have no interior design sense.

Anonymous said...

So many cute things. The dress is so cute. Are you really never going to sew again? The garden looks great! I wish I were going to be there to help eat the fresh vegetables. I like that Claire is a chip off the old "blocks". :)

Anonymous said...

Oh and the train...don't I have creative grandchildren?

Shelise said...

These are my main thoughts:

-Speakers...thats the first thing I noticed in the garage. I laughed because I know he has always loved those things.
-What the heck is your gorgeous rocking chair doing out in your GARAGE??? I think its probably one of the prettiest I have ever seen.
-I LOVE your garden. I cant wait till we can do ours, but its probably going to have to wait till next year at this point.
-WOW!!! Claire is getting so big and beautiful.

Fun post. Thanks for sharing. I love being updated on your lives. It makes me feel a little closer considering the distance.

Shelise said...

P.s. When Kyle saw all of these pictures he said, "Remind me why we live in Vegas again..." haha, I thought that was funny. I really cant wait to come and visit.

Elizabeth said...

I completely agree about the sewing. I would totally sew more clothes for Gigi and other projects except that it always turns out to be way more expensive than just buying it.