Friday, June 13, 2008

The Problem with Wheat Bread

Hi guys, thought I'd give you an update on my bread making. :) The problem with baking my own bread 4 loaves at a time is...my girls don't want to eat it!!! Picky picky, I think they have a problem with the way my last batch didn't rise at all. Too bad we have to eat it all before I make more. See, that's how we made it through dental school---frugalness! The good news is that we're working on our last loaf of bread now, so hopefully tomorrow I can attempt at try number two. Wish me luck with the yeast!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do the girls like the 2nd batch? I hope they acquire a taste for it. Tell them that grandma loves it. I'm sure that will make the difference. LOL

Lindsay said...

Hey Bryce & Jean,
We found your blog and LOVE IT. The pic with everyone in the surgical caps is adorable. Goooo Bryce! What an impressive schooling and future. And we've never seen your wedding pictures. They could/should be from a magazine. Jean, could you send me those recipes for food storage? I would love to have a few boxes and then replace the box I'm using whenever it's empty. Great idea! Do you have any favorites from the recipes?
Lindsay Lewis
lindsaynlewis@cox.net

Annie Sunshine said...

you have to let us know how the next batch goes. I love wheat bread, and we have been switching the kids over to it that last year. They are finally used to it, and even somewhat enjoy it.

Elizabeth said...

Yes, a rule saying you have to eat even the bad stuff would make it hard to experiment. But still, it is a nobel experiment and I excited to see how it turns out. Also--I agree with "lindsay" that picture of the girls in the surgical caps was absolutely adorable.