Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our weekend

We had some special visitors come spend this past weekend with us, Bryce's old Bishop, Brother and Sister Johnston. We had a really nice time, they were wonderful company.




We were driving down to show them the Mayo clinic and noticed a sign at the fair grounds that said Cattle show. Being flexible in our schedule, we decided to pull in and check it out. It was really neat! There were all different ages of kids showing their livestock, and these cows were impressive! I never knew a cow could have fat legs, but these did! I also never knew that a cow's hide could look so glossy and sleek when brushed.







We were sitting at the top of some bleachers and Bryce got a big surprise when he suddenly realized that a cow was licking his back pocket! One of the largest cows I've ever seen was sitting right behind us, tied to the back of the bleachers! The girls loved petting that large sleek black cow.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks so fun. Sometimes I really wonder why we live in Las Vegas.

Kyle M said...

yeah, me too! Why in the world do we live here? Ok, actually I think that if you guys lived here we would suddenly discover all these wonderful things to do that we never knew existed. I'm exited to come visit. BTW, I have some cool scrapbooking stuff you could borrow when you come here in a few weeks and then I could pick up in October. I'll show you when you get here.