Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Zoo

We have a little local zoo that is close to our house. The zoo is free and is filled with native Minnesota animals that have been resuced. We love going here, you've probably seen posts of our trips here before. On this particular morning, we were early and needed to kill some time before the zoo actually opened. We found a cute little playground that was right next to a field of cows. Have I mentioned we enjoy watching cows? The charm has not worn off yet. :) I particularly love the barn and silohs in the background. I think this is a beautiful part of the country.


Watching the cows

a href="http://bp0.blogger.com/_46-rZOaKkW0/SGv-tLMjB9I/AAAAAAAAAeU/CLjE8Blq0nM/s1600-h/IMG_0666.JPG">
What happens when I tell them to smile for the camera. Seriously, this is why I get professional pictures taken of them in addition to the 1,000 a year that I take at home.

<
Walking to the picnic area. I love the big leafy trees out here, some parts of this place remind me of good old North Carolina.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this the zoo we went to? It was one of my favorite places. Maybe because the weather was so perfect that day.