Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bryce's Induction to Med School

Bryce is currently in med school and Mayo recently had an induction ceremony where there was a speaker and then each student walked across the stage to receive a framed Hippocratic oath. This ceremony reminded me a lot of Bryce's white coat ceremony in Dental school. I made it through 5 minutes of the program before having to leave due to the girls being too loud. Claire discovered that the chairs squeaked when she stood up and then sat down really fast and Cady had (has) yet to fully master the concept of whispering. :) I did sneak back in briefly to snap a picture of Bryce crossing the stage. It was a nice ceremony, but I was glad when it was over and the girls could be their normal chatty, noisy little selves.






9 comments:

Shelise said...

I read all of the posts, but Im just going to comment on this one. I love reading about the things you guys do. It makes me feel like I know you all better. I so wish we all lived closer to each other and we could share in your fun-ness (if thats even a word lol) The girls seem to be at a really fun age. I cant believe how fast they grow from each time we see them. Tell them I say hi.

Taralee said...

I LOOOOOVE that little family picture! You all look so good and even though Cady isn't smiling, she's so cute! I'm loving all your posts. Keep em coming :) And like Shelise said...please tell your girls that Brinley, Halle and Sage say HI!!!! When I first got on your blog Halle had just come down stairs and saw the pictures and said is that Cady and Claire? And anytime Sage sees pictures of your girls she'll say their names because I always tell her. So please tell them my girls say hi.

Liz Wilcken said...

It looks like a bunch on missionaries sitting together!

Nina said...

Wowsers! I had a lot of reading to catch up on the Leavitt site!! You are amazing, Jean! And, you have a BEAUTIFUL family! Let's play again after the holiday. Adios.

Hallenbergers said...

AHHHH you posted a ton! I looked at all of them again!! I love the dresses that you made your girls. Reminds me of when I was little, my mom would do the same thing. I wish we were closer so I could take a MILLION pics of your cuties...you guys look great!(((HUGS)))

Amy said...

You look gorgeous Jean! I miss you so much! (HUG)

amanda said...

Jean and Bryce,

There is something really special about seeing Bryce sitting in the room with his "comrades." We're so proud of his achievements! Again, we are proud of you, Jean, for capuring it all on camera and posting it so we could be a part of it too!
Love,
Mom

Melanie said...

wait a second... was jonathan supposed to be there? or maybe he was there, but i wasn't? or maybe he'll never get to be a part of this? (i thought he was taking some med school stuff... maybe he'll get inducted next year?) regardless, it looks so neat! framed gift, and everything. don't you love mayo?

Elizabeth said...

What a great family picture at the end. You look fabulous.