Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hair Cuts!!!!

****This is a break from my catch-up posts. This is something that happened this past week.*****

After seeing my friends give their little girls hair cuts, I decided it was probably time to do the same for Claire and Cady. But then when I actually looked at Claire's hair I thought, man, this hair is too pretty to just throw away! I then hit upon the idea of getting it cut professionally and then donating it to Locks of Love. Seriously, this decision was one of the best I've ever made!! The day after I had Claire's hair cut, I took Cady in to get hers done as well. Claire and Cady both had 10 inches of hair cut off. I no longer have to bribe them with TV to do their hair---all it takes is a quick 2 minute round brush session with the hair dryer to poof out their bed head hair. I'm really enjoying this new look for my little girls.

Before pictures. Claire had slept with her hair in a braid the night before.




Cady's before pictures




Cady holding her hair! (I didn't bring my camera when Claire's was being cut)




Funnily enough, this was the first time Cady has ever had her hair cut, and she fell asleep in the chair! That's the same thing her sister did during her first "real" hair cut.




After pictures!







This week I was busy sewing the girls new dresses. They helped me choose out the fabric and embellishment. It was such a fun project! I really enjoy sewing, I'm so grateful to my mom for putting me in sewing classes year after year when I was young. :) I wasn't very good back then, but it did give me the feeling that I could sew if I so desired. Well, these were by far my favorite dresses I've made. I just loved seeing them in their new dresses with their new haircuts!





16 comments:

amanda said...

Jean,

These are precious photos of precious girls and perfect dresses and haircuts! Good work! I loved hearing about Cady's falling asleep during her first "real" haircut, and applaud your being camera-ready!
Love,
Mom

Taralee said...

I LOVE their haircuts. So cute! They looks so old and it makes them look very similar to each other. You guys have such beautiful little girls :) Brinley was very impressed that you made their dressed! I thought I should tell you :)

by: Kim said...

The haircuts are really cute as are the dresses. You are becoming quite the seamstress. I wish that I had kept up with it when I was younger. I do know how I just don't have time to do it and my sewing machine is broke.

Alicia said...

Very cute haircuts! What a good idea. I wish I could sew like you!

Maike said...

Haircuts for Locks of Love, what a great idea. You're right, it would have been a shame to throw away their beautiful hair.
I think it's about time to cut Talitha's hair...but I question that it would be long enough and in good enough shape to donate. All my kids inherited their grandma's (and Daddy's) really fine hair...I call it baby hair.
And good job on the sewing.

Annie Sunshine said...

Cute. I know a lot of people right now cutting their girl's hair and donating to locks of love. That is going to make several sweet girls happy.

I like the dresses. I've thought about buying fabric and patterns to sew, but by the time I get everything, it seems it is cheaper to just catch a good sale or buy them second hand. Do you have any great tips for making it more cost effective?

Julie said...

LOVE the dresses and haircuts! Your girls are just adorable.

Liz Wilcken said...

I guess I can give my secret away...I get my backgrounds from onecuteblog.blogspot.com They're free just like tcbotb. But, I made my own header. I do that at scrapblog.com (also free). I custom made that one. Then once you finish making one, save, publish (you can have it be private) then go up to "file" and "export JPEG" I put them on my desktop. Then when you go to your blog. Go to "customize" and "layout" then you'll see the header. Click on "edit" and you have picture instead of words (you can add words to the digital scrapbook page you made instead) and voila....it's really easier than it sounds!

Sara said...

Cute haircuts Jean! Did the girls mind at all? It doesn't look like they did. :)

Molly said...

I want a man who's hairy morning, noon and nighty-night-night! You make me laugh, great song Jean!
Cute, cute dresses, cute, cute haircuts, cute, cute girls and cute, cute post!!

We are... said...

I've seriously been wanting to do this lately! I got the idea a few days ago but I think my hair needs to be just a tad bit longer before I have enough to donate! I bet that was fun for them! Did they know they were giving such a great gift to others?! They are too cute and you did a really GREAT job on the dresses! I bet they loved to be able to pick out what they liked with you!

Nina said...

Cady fell asleep...that is sooooo funny! Your girls look great, Jean. You're my inspiration!

familyof4 said...

I really like their haircuts. Very cute. Are you guys coming down for Christms?

Melanie said...

wow, jean! you posted! a lot!!! i wish i had time to read them all. but i will say, the dresses turned out darling. and i wonder if those cute haircuts would look as good on me, too? not likely. you go, little seamstress, you.

Hallenbergers said...

SOOOO CUTE!!!!!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Claire just looks so sweet and adorable in that very first picture. I love their hair cuts and you did a great job on their dresses. They look like dancers.