Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Strawberry time

It's one of my favorite summer activities, picking strawberries! We went for FHE on Monday night and picked strawberries for about an hour. It was a lot of fun, Bryce and I picked a lot of good ones and Claire and Cady ate a lot of good ones. :) The only down side was when my arms broke out in hives. I guess I'm allergic to some of the weeds that were out there. These darned allergies, they keep cramping my style! You can't see them very well, but my arms were covered in little white bumps. Next time I'll have to wear long sleeves. I spent most of the day on Tuesday making Strawberry jam, yummy. I do need help with one thing---does anyone know how to can strawberry jam and have the fruit not all rise to the top? Any tips are appreciated. :) Hope you all are having a wonderful summer.




Sticky hands!



The spoils of our labor.

3 comments:

Annie Sunshine said...

I need to try that. There are a ton of strawberry stands here, and I know that some let you pick your own. I am always in a bit of a hurry when I get there though, so I've never picked my own. That looks like so much fun. (Sorry about the rash!)

Elizabeth said...

What great pictures. Despite feeling bad, you look really good in that picture. I've only ever made freezer jam and with that I've never had a problem with the fruit rising and it is super good and easy (James did most of it).

Anonymous said...

These pictures make me want to live somewhere besides Las Vegas.