Wednesday, July 1, 2009

More Spam Please!

I don't know what happened to me today but I woke up feeling really restless! I felt like I needed to leave not only my house but Rochester as well. I charged up the portable dvd player, re-activated the trak-fone, paged Bryce to let him know we were going on a trip, packed lunch, and away we went. We went to a place about 35 minutes away...the Spam factory!

Believe it or not, the factory is very nice to tour and it shows the history of Spam, variety of ways to cook it, sample platters, old advertisments from the 1940s, and has a little dress up and play area.

We came home 2 hours later feeling happy and refreshed. I'm going to have fun telling Bryce all of the little known facts about our dinner tonight...Spam!





6 comments:

Hallenbergers said...

WOW you have done a lot since I checked your blog last! COOL! SPAM! I am sure you will have fun with that!

Emily Widdison said...

Spam? Really? too funny!

Taralee said...

haha, that's so funny. But what a fun idea! You guys do some fun and random things. That's the best!! :)

Mandy Oeltjen said...

That is to funny you just missed Beth. She was there on Thursday with her summer school!! We have never been but now I want to.

Elizabeth said...

So totally awesome!

Alan and Brittney said...

I LOVE THE SPAM MUSEUM!!! Alan and I just took a bunch of friends there last week! It is a very entertaining place and you learn a lot of fun facts about SPAM!!!