Friday, July 24, 2009

We're ready!

I've been gearing up for our trip to NC...the girls and I leave tomorrow and will be there for 3 weeks!!! I am so incredibly excited, it feels like ages since I've seen my family. Bryce is going to be able to come out for 5 days as well.

One of the big events of our trip is my counsin Nancy's wedding. Claire gets to be the flower girl and is oh so excited about this. I finished both her and Cady's dresses. No, Cady is not a flower girl, but she wanted a pretty dress too. :) Go figure. I used a sheer fabric with Cady's dress that I had originally bought to use for Claire's dress but didn't use (I decided to go for simple elegance).

We went out and bought shoes, headbands, and necklaces yesterday. This is the result of our photo shoot. I wont be posting again for about a month, so enjoy the pictures!





9 comments:

Shelise said...

I'm so impressed with the dresses. They both look adorable. Good luck Claire! You'll be one cute flower girl.

Have fun on your trip.

Annie Sunshine said...

They are absolutely beautiful...you are very talented.

Taralee said...

So CUTE! Good job and have fun :)

I just showed the pictures to Brinley and Halle. Brinley said "those are pretty dresses, where did they get them?" I said you made them and she was quite impressed :)

BTW, Tell Claire that Brinley loves her, too. Sorry I never replied to the email. I TOTALLY forgot :( sorry.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm sure Claire will throw the flower petals just perfectly.

Nina said...

Your sweeties look so sweet! We miss you already, Jean! Have fun at your family's get togethers! Love you!

Jan said...

You are so talented, Jean! And your daughters are beautiful! Hope you enjoy your NC trip--wish your parents were still in Raleigh so we'd be able to see you...

Elizabeth said...

What great pictures. Those dresses really were fantastic and the little headbands were perfect. Claire did such an awesome job.

Natalie said...

Hey Jean,
Good job on your dresses!!! I have a big favor to ask of you...would you mind giving me a call?
928.451.4752 - that's my cell. Thanks!

Wendy said...

I am just amazed at your seamstress skills! Unbelievable! How cute your girls are! Hope you enjoyed your trip!