Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My sewing project is finished!!

Yes!!!!! This is the best feeling---I've FINALLY finished my sewing project!!! I sewed matching dresses for Claire, Cady, and their friend Saffi. I also sewed them matching purses. I wasn't originally planning on making the purses but the pattern included it and I had leftover fabric for them. This was a lot of work, but it feels good having done it. I didn't actually dislike making them, it was just a bit stressful. I think the sleeves and zippers were the hardest part for me. It was also hard sewing this while still being a mom. I'm afraid I've been a rather crummy mom the last few days. I've really been trying to power through this. Fortunately, the girls were happy playing together (happy with a lot of intermittent arguments and tears). :) I think I'll wait a while before I start another project.

The project was a lot of work, but man I love the end result! They look so adorable in their dresses. Just don't look at any of the seams too closely. :)

Rhonda has gotten me interested in quilting projects. I didn't realize that quilting can be used in making many different little projects, not just huge blankets. Perhaps I'll make a fun purse or table runner or baby blanket. Any ideas?



Once again, what happens when I tell them to smile. :)



Twirling Princesses. The first things these girls do whenever they put on a dress is twirl in it. All three of them were spinning around like tops while I took this picture. I think they were pleased.



All dressed up. After I took the first two pictures, they went back and loaded up on bracelets and necklaces and put on their shoes. Saffi even found a crazy little head band. This is probably their most favorite activity, accessorizing.

12 comments:

Sara said...

Awesome job, Jean! Your little girls in their dresses are so cute! You've made me want to get started on Lillian's dresses (the fabric's been sitting for months now, untouched). I love the feeling of wearing/watching others wear something I've made. "I did that! "--So satisying! Good work!

Elizabeth said...

Great job Jean! I love the material and from what I can tell, the dresses are perfect. You are an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud and impressed. Is the fabric doubled? It almost looks like the fabric is sheer and then lined. The little girls are so cute and excited. Way to go!

Hallenbergers said...

THAT IS AWESOME! Great job....someday that will be me....SOMEDAY! You should feel great about doing those!

Liz Wilcken said...

Cute pictures! Now I know you're gonna make me a dress to match too, huh? :) I know how hard it is to get anything done with 2 little ones! I'm packing to fly to Seattle tomorrow. Yeah, impossible. Plus I get to do like 3 1/2 loads of dishes...by hand :P

Terra said...

Wow- I am impressed. They look great!!

Unknown said...

Love the dresses Jean! You did an awesome job! Your girls get more and more beautiful everyday! Can't wait till we see you again, any plans for coming to Oregon anytime soon?

McAllister Family said...

Wow, Jean, I am so impressed! Those dresses are darling! You are talented!

Julie said...

I'm so glad you found my blog, Jean! It is good to catch up on what you've been up to. I'm so impressed with your craftiness! The dresses look great.

We've got to meet up sometime. I can't believe we are so close. Tom and I haven't explored Rochester yet, but when we make our way there we will let you know!

Annie Sunshine said...

The girls are adorable (as always), and the dresses are just as cute.

nelsonjeneen said...

Love the dresses! It is so hard to make smaller clothing but then they turn out great. Oh yeah, just to mention I am having a girl and a boy. On our blog, I meant to say that it was the boy outfit and I am currently working on the girl outfit. Didn't want to confuse you!!!:) take care, Jean,
Jill

Tieky Torch said...

Jean that's awesome! They look so cute! Zippers and sleeves are not the most fun, any one who sews will tell you that!