Saturday, August 2, 2008

Random musings

Well, don't expect anything deep here, it's just been a while since I've posted and I wanted to update you.

Our memory card has been mailed in, so hopefully we'll have a new one and be able to take pictures again in about a month. Sigh. I think we're not going to buy memory cards off the Internet anymore---it takes too long to exchange them! I'll try to do occasional posts in the meantime, but for some reason I feel like I have to have pictures in order to make it a real post. :) I'll do my best to get over that mentality.

Bryce and I went to the St Paul temple today for the first time. We weren't sure how to manage this before because it is about a 6-7 hour trip away from our home when all is said and done. We've been living here over a year now, and we finally came upon a plan that works, a kid exchange! We left our kids with a family up here that we are good friends with, and then next month they will drop of their kids with us to go. So simple, and yet so perfect. :) I can't remember who came up with this idea, but I know it wasn't me. It feels really good to go to the temple again, I'm excited to be back on track with this!

I have a new calling as the 2nd counselor in Young Womens. I'm so excited about this!!! I have wanted to be involved with the YW program ever since I left it as a Laurel. It's so fun getting to work with the Beehives. I'm in charge of the weekly activities. I want to know if anyone has some fun ideas for activities that they have done? Any traditions? I remember doing a friendship basket on Sundays, and an all-nighter, anyone other ideas?

Claire has a new pet lizard that she got from a birthday party. It is a blue rubber thing and Claire has named it, "Lizzy." She carries it around in a little jewelry box and has slept with it for two nights now. This is definitely a big change from the usual horde of baby dolls that she keeps in her bed.

Cady has discovered the naughty thrill that kids get from saying the words, "poop" and "pee." She inserts those two words at random in her sentences, the songs she sings, and when she plays with her toys. While at our friend's house today, she told them she was making a recipe that consisted of "popcorn and pee." I keep reminding her that "Those are yucky words, Princesses never say yucky words, we only say those words when we are in the bathroom." For some reason, what I'm telling her is just not sinking in. I'm trying not to make a huge deal about it, and I'm sure this is just a stage and will pass. (I'm hoping at least!)

5 comments:

Shelise said...

thanks for the update. its always fun to hear random news about what going on in your lives. thats funny about cady. im sure it not to you.

Liz Wilcken said...

See, I'm hoping to skip the whole poop/pee thing. Call me weird, but I've taught them "tinkle" and "urinate" and "mess" so, hopefully we'll miss that (but not likely).

I remember when my parents would go up to DC temple, and we'd go over to the Rose's house. It was a lot of fun :)

Annie Sunshine said...

It is a phase, and it goes away. I think you are handling it perfectly. Not allowing it, but not making it a major issue either.

I'm glad you made it to the St. Paul temple. We like you only made it once in the year we were there. It is such a sweet quiet simple temple. We actually had people willing to babysit, but Lindsay was nursing for about seven of the months we were there, so I couldn't ever leave her for the entire day it took, and then of course...the money for gas. (That was when we were living on 250 bucks a month.)

Anyway, glad to hear you are doing well, and I hope you do update us even without pics.

Annie Sunshine said...

P.S. I sent you an ivite to my blog when I went private, but you haven't accepted it. I am assuming that you like me enough to accept my invite, so I am also assuming that the email address I have for you is wrong. So if you want to email me your new address at chickenlittlefinger2@hotmail.com
I would love to send you another invite.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to make it to the temple together--I know that how much that must mean to you. Congrats also on your calling, I know you will have a great time and Beehives are the perfect age. You may want to consider making those Kool-Aid bags with them--fun, easy and kind of girly. You can add accents and different handles and have a really fun time with it.